Data Engineer - Python
New Iron is helping recruit for a full-time Python Data Engineer in Austin.
You would join an amazing company building a platform to automate the movement of customer cargo.
Your data systems will drive Machine Learning models to solve optimization problems.
This a great opportunity to help build out a next generation logistics suite!
The Ideal Candidate Will:
- Have a strong sense of product ownership
- Thrive in a fast paced iterative environment
- Have a passion for well designed and maintainable code
- Have an appreciation for the tension between shipping quickly and software craftsmanship
- Is a polyglot who can choose the right tool for the job
Job Functions Include:
- Write, optimize, and automate data processing tasks
- Design, architect, and document the database schema and data pipelines
- Coordinate with the data science team on feature engineering process
- Collaborate with the team on new conventions, libraries and tools
- Deploy and maintain system and database monitoring tools
- 5+ years with Python Development
- Experience with Luigi, Airflow, Dask, or Celery
- Strong knowledge of SQL (writing and optimizing queries, stored procs)
- Experience building scalable APIs / microservices
- Experience building distributed data pipelines with as AWS (S3, Lambda), or GCE, Azure, etc.
- Experience with NoSQL
- Experience using Docker containers
Nice to Have:
- Knowledge of Machine Learning models
- Bachelor Degree in CS, Mathematics or a related field
This is a full-time position located in Austin, TX. Principals only. Recruiters, please do not contact this job poster.