Operation Productivity Engineer / Senior Application Specialist
New Iron is leading the search for an Operation Productivity Engineer / Senior Application Specialist.
This position is a remote contract-to-hire for a global company. Priority will be given to candidates who can work well independently in a global work environment, are strong communicators and who are passionate about supporting our industrial clients.
This is a compelling green field opportunity to bring unique and differentiated value to pharma manufacturing. Our client’s mission is to increase productivity while dramatically reducing the cost of pharmaceutical manufacturing.
The ideal candidate will have operations research expertise as well as experience with informatics systems commonly found in the Pharma and Biopharma Industries.
Candidates must have excellent process knowledge and experience and be able to convey a technical message to a business audience.
You will support clients to improve their manufacturing processes through effective planning and scheduling using optimization and simulation.
Candidates must have hands-on experience with planning and scheduling in the Pharma and Biopharma Industries.
If you are self-directed and comfortable supporting the needs of multiple teams and products, we'd love to help you find your next career move!
Job Responsibilities May Include:
- Working closely with internal sales and engineering teams as well as with external process engineers and manufacturing scientists
- Performing a range of pre and post sales activities: support a technical sales strategy for a new client; communicate the value of software products vis-a-vis industry challenge; software installs; process model design; workflow design; data manipulation; data source identification and characterization;
- Technical teaching and consulting
- Coordinating with various teams to validate and deploy models to improve business processes
- Evaluate process and equipment data to determine the ideal modeling approach for improved performance and increased equipment availability (candidate must be able to define good and bad data quality).
- Leverage optimization approaches in combination with discrete-event based simulation to develop data-driven applications that support key business and operations processes
- Up to 50% domestic/international travel post COVID
Candidates Should Have the Following Experience:
- 3+ years of experience in the pharma/biopharma industry
- 5+ years as a process engineer working with chemical or similar processes
- Demonstrated ability in supply chain planning and production scheduling
- A proven ability to interact with clients, and explain technical details in laymen’s terms.
- Database experience (PI System, Oracle, SQL, or similar)
- Data communication, interfacing (OPC DA/HDA/UA, relational database calls, etc.)
- Data visualization experience
- MES experience - e.g., (Syncade or Werum), ELN, LIMS, SCADA, PLC, DCS, BES, PI Historian, AspenTech IP21, GE Proficy, etc.
- Experience with factory interfaces including OPC, ODBC, OSI PI
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
Nice to have:
- Experience with programming languages such as Python, Java, C#, C++
- Processing (importing, cleaning, filtering) large data sets
- Developing and/or applying optimization and operations research methodologies
- Experience with optimization tools and frameworks (Pyomo, GAMS, Gurobi, etc.)
- Experience with discrete-event based simulation
- Developing and/or applying data modeling and machine learning methodologies
- Experience with statistical and mathematical modeling environments (R, Python, MATLAB, etc.)
- Bachelor degree in Engineering, Industrial Engineering or related field
This is a remote contract-to-hire role for a client based in the US. Principals only. Recruiters please do not contact this job poster.