Java Back-end Developer - Remote Contract
New Iron has a great opportunity for a well-rounded, team-focused Java Back-end developer who cares about writing clean and well-designed code.
This is a remote contract position.
Candidates for this position must have experience with Java and demonstrable Test Drive Development, OOP and design skills. A working knowledge of design patterns is also required.
Come work with other developers in a fun and close-knit environment, delivering great software!
What you’ll be doing!
- Designing and building middle-tier components and services to support business user stories
- Refactoring existing application code to improve design clarity and reduce maintenance costs
- Pairing, collaborating, and otherwise improving the development process
- Writing lots of unit tests
- 3-10 years of experience with Java
- Experience with Spring
- TDD experience
- Strong background in unit testing
- OO Design and design patterns; must be able to solve problems in a simple, neat and organized way
- Agile; Must have practical experience with unit testing and Continuous Integration ( Docker, etc.)
- Strong knowledge of SQL (writing and optimizing queries, stored procs)
- Experience with SOA and web services (REST).
- Experience with AWS
- Experience with Docker
- Bachelor degree in Computer Science or a related field is strongly preferred
This is a remote contract position for a client located in Boca Raton , FL.
|Location:||Boca Raton, FL|