Senior DevOps Engineer
New Iron is helping a client hire a Senior DevOps Engineer to oversee and enhance the infrastructure components of a web-based interactive data analytics application.
This is a senior position and you will
- Own and operate software deployments and CI/CD pipelines
- Continuously optimize software deployments for stability and cost
- Co-own the software development process – including agile processes, coding standards, code metrics, build standards, and so on
This is an opportunity to work at an amazing company on a greenfield project to build interactive data analytics applications.
If you have a passion for well designed, maintainable code, we’d love to speak to you!
- 5+ years of experience in a DevOps role
- Expertise in managing, monitoring, and measuring cloud infrastructure especially AWS EC2, ECS, SQS, SWF, RDS, and DynamoDB using CloudFormation or Terraform
- Hands-on ownership expertise with CI/CD pipeline builds with CodePipeline, Go, Bamboo, etc.
- Experience delivering microservice solutions with Docker, ECS/Kubernetes
- Excellent communication, collaboration, time-management skills
Nice to have:
- Bachelor/ Master’s degree in engineering field, or relevant experience
- Cloud certifications, esp. AWS
- Administrating Sonatype Nexus
- Managing builds using Webpack, Maven
- Designing, deploying and maintaining Java, Node, and React apps
- Previous experience with Hadoop, Pig, Spark
This is a full-time, direct-hire role based in Austin, TX. We are unable to sponsor or transfer visas at this time. Principals only. Recruiters please do not contact this job poster.