Senior Java Backend Developer
New Iron is looking for an experienced Senior Java Backend Developer to join a team of data scientists delivering industry-defining work to their clients. This is an awesome opportunity to work with a renowned company that prioritizes well designed, testable, extensible, and maintainable code!
We're seeking a hands-on, delivery-oriented software engineer with the ability to break down problems and add incremental value to existing software production assets.
The ideal candidate will have significant development experience using Java to build microservices APIs, deployed on AWS.
- 5+ years of experience using Java
- Expertise in building data processing applications, including deploying and maintaining apps on AWS
- Experience designing, developing & testing scalable back-end systems
- Experience building microservices to deliver data-driven applications
Nice to have:
- Familiarity with microservice development using Node.js/Express.js
- PostgreSQL, ElasticSearch
- Experience writing high-quality tests using JUnit, Mockito
- Experience creating tools for internal users
This is a full-time, direct-hire role based in Austin, TX. Principals only. Recruiters, please do not contact this job poster.