SQL Server Administrator
New Iron is helping recruit for a SQL Server Administrator to focus on maintaining databases for high scale and performance.
This is an awesome opportunity for a highly collaborative SQL Server Administrator with a strong sense of self direction, the ability to execute independently, and a keen mind for breaking down problems to have a significant impact on a rapidly growing organization.
If you are a team player who is energized in helping everyone succeed, we should talk!
- Monitor databases for failure, performance, and resource utilization
- Troubleshoot and fix production performance issues
- Optimize performance
- Managing high data volume, backups, restores, upgrades
- Create SQL Queries to provide ad-hoc reports, analysis, and datasets based on business needs
- Contribute to the Reports development lifecycle including understanding of requirements, designing and development of reports
- Develop and design standard reports, custom reports, and dashboards using MS SQL Server data query tools and reporting tools.
- Support the day-to-day performance, maintenance, and monitoring of SQL/SSRS reports and interfaces
- 5+ years of job experience as an MS SQL DBA
- Expert in Microsoft SQL Server 2012 – 2019
- Strong understanding of MS SQL Server Integration Services ( SSRS)
- Experience migrating SQL Server on-prem to Azure SQL Database
- Experience with SQL Standard and Enterprise
- Strong understanding of MS Azure SQL Database services
- Knowledge of other reporting structures such as Tabelu, PowerBI
- Experience with performance optimization and debugging of complex SQL environments
Nice to have:
- BS in Computer Science or Software Engineering
- TSQL Framework
- Experience working in an Agile development environment
This is a contract-to-hire position located in Midtown Manhattan, New York. Candidates must be authorized to work in the United States on a full-time basis for any employer. Principals only. Recruiters please do not contact this job poster.