New Iron is helping a client hire a DevOps Developer in North Austin to help develop the automation necessary to deploy a Virtual Mobile Platform.
You will be responsible for automating the deployment of an application to service for installation on co-located servers, or for deployment into the cloud.
The ideal candidate will possess extensive experience with Red Hat Enterprise Linux (RHEL) and key Linux technologies
This is a great full-time opportunity for a well-rounded, team-focused DevOps Developer who cares about helping everyone be successful.
Job duties include:
- Automate product installation and final delivery
- Deploy updates and patches
- Troubleshoot application code deployments
- Develop and maintain the CI/CD process
- Improve server product features
- Serve as an expert for server technologies in prioritization
- Red Hat Enterprise Linux, CentOS
- Experience with Python, shell scripting and package management
- Configuration Management experience, E.g., Puppet, Chef, Ansible
- Container Management experience: Docker, Kubernetes
- Virtualization experience, E.g., Nutanix, VMWare, OpenStack
- Experience with CI/CD pipeline management: E.g., Git, Jenkins
- Experience with Network services, E.g. DNS, DHCP
- Basic switch and routing knowledge
- OS Deployment Experience such as Kick Start, PXE
Nice to have:
- Experience with one or more of: AWS, Azure, GCP
- Familiarity with iOS and Android environments
- Experience with Security Linux such as policy creation, debugging and management
- Networking with Dell & Cisco switches ( e.g DRAC)
- Cryptography implementation knowledge, esp. PKI and certificate handling
- Bachelor degree in Engineering, Computer Science, or a related field
U.S. citizens/Green card ONLY due to government or federal requirement
This is a full-time, direct-hire role based in Austin, TX. Principals only. Recruiters, do not contact this job poster.