Lead Solutions Delivery Developer
New Iron is helping recruit for a Technical Lead to join a North West Austin product company building out their professional services team.
Our client is working in cutting-edge data analytics and artificial intelligence for Fortune 500 clients.
If you’re a strong developer with a keen interest to work with AI and Machine Learning, and solid customer-facing skills, we’d love to see how we can help you take the next step in your career.
About the job:
- The ideal candidate will have strong REST development skills and a proven track record of interacting with external clients. You must also have the ability to work with the internal Product and Engineering teams to help improve the company’s core product.
- You will be responsible for working to integrate the existing application of external clients with your new employer’s data as a service application. You will work directly with end customer development teams to implement bindings to and consumption of your new employer’s product via an externally-facing REST API.
- External clients will be responsible for choosing their implementation language, so you should have strong development skills in at least one (Java, C#, Python) if not many languages.
- Define and develop new solution features ensuring a high performance DaaS integration
- Lead technical design, work estimation and feature implementation
- Work directly with client technical teams to implement integrations
- Contribute ideas to continually improve the team’s productivity and code quality
- 10+ years of Software Development
- 5+ years of hands-on architect developing applications to consume a REST API
- Strong design and architectural skills. E.g., could you ace an OOA&D based interview? Or explain the difference between an OO and Functional problem decomposition?
- Excellent communication and presentation skills. You should have the ability to communicate complex information to non-technical stakeholders in relevant business terms
- Performance tuning, improvement, balancing, usability, automation especially in distributed and cloud environments
- Experience in a Scrum based agile software development process
- Travel 10-25% to customer sites
This is a direct hire position located in Austin, Texas. Principals only. Recruiters, please do not contact this job poster.