PHP Developer - Remote Contract
New Iron Group has a great opportunity for a well-rounded PHP engineer to work on existing and green-field projects, doing things the right way from the start. This is a remote contract position.
You will be working in a small motivated and talented team to develop and deliver financial business products in the cloud.
The ideal candidate will have strong cloud technology in AWS and in-depth experience using agile while a remote developer.
Come work with other developers in a fun and close-knit environment, delivering great software!
What you will be doing:
- Designing and building web application components and services
- Refactoring existing application code to improve design clarity and reduce maintenance costs
- Pairing, collaborating, and improving the development process
- Writing lots of unit tests
Required - Applicants must have experience in the following:
- 5+ years of development in PHP
- Expertise with at least one PHP framework - Laravel is our framework of choice
- Expert at the middle-tier development with PHP
- Experience with AWS
- Experience with Docker
- Strong object oriented analysis and design skills
- Demonstrable, practical experience using TDD and unit test in PHP
- Demonstrable, practical experience using Continuous Integration / Continuous Delivery (CI/CD) on a remote project
- Strong knowledge of SQL (writing and optimizing queries, stored procs)
- Experience with SOA and web services (REST, SOAP, XML, JSON).
Nice to have:
Bachelor degree in Computer Science or a related field is strongly preferred
This is a remote contract position for a client located in Austin, TX.