Java Backend Developer - Remote Contract
New Iron has a great opportunity for a well-rounded, team-focused Java Backend developer who cares about writing clean and well-designed code.
This is a remote contract position.
Come work with other developers in a fun and close-knit environment, delivering great software!
What you’ll be doing!
- Designing and building web application components and REST services to support business user stories
- Refactoring existing application code to improve design clarity and reduce maintenance costs
- Pairing, collaborating, and otherwise improving the development process
- Writing lots of unit tests
- Java skills
- AWS experience
- Strong background in unit testing
- OO Design and design patterns; must be able to solve problems in a simple, neat and organized way
- Agile; Must have practical experience with unit testing and Continuous Integration
This is a remote contract position for a client located in Austin, TX.