Site Reliability Engineer
New Iron is helping recruit for a Site Reliability Engineer in Downtown Austin.
Our client’s applications have millions of unique users daily, a large transaction volume, and strict response requirements.
The ideal candidate will have experience ensuring systems availability, and improving performance of applications.
If you are a highly collaborative engineer, with a strong sense of self direction, the ability to execute independently, and a keen mind for breaking down problems, we should talk!
- Monitor services and infrastructure health with polling systems, and alert on KPI metrics
- Advocate for changes in systems to increase efficiency, scalability of the applications
- Participate in design reviews for proposed software to ensure scalability and efficiency
- Work with project manager to break down goals into tasks and timelines
- Act on threats to system and alert team
- Support critical releases
- Identify using best practices for systems instrumentation to facilitate monitoring
- 2+ years in operations or development experience
- Expert in configuring, maintaining,monitoring, and reporting software
- Experience with hardware log: Prometheus, Nagios or Grafana
- Experience maintaining Microsoft Hyper-V VMs and Windows Server OS
- Experience with log aggregators: Splunk or Logstash
- Strong understanding of HTTP / SSL server technologies with REST/JSON or SOAP interfaces.
- Understanding of SQL/NoSQL Database query mechanics
- Object-oriented language ( C#/ Java)
- BS in Computer Science or Software Engineering
Nice to have:
- Familiarity with architectural techniques for highly scalable backend systems
- Experience with developing software (Windows Server, Linux, MacOS)
Candidates must be authorized to work in the United States on a full-time basis for any employer. Principals only. Recruiters, please do not contact this job poster.