Backend Java Developer
New Iron has a great opportunity for a well-rounded, team-focused Java Backend developer who cares about writing clean and well-designed code.
Candidates for this position must have demonstrable expertise with:
- Test Driven Development using JUnit
- At least one mock object framework
- Object oriented design skills
- Design patterns
The team you’d be joining develops and deploys applications for financial institutions.
This is a great opportunity for a well-rounded, team-focused developer, to join an Agile team with a great culture delivering financial applications at scale.
If you are a driven, high energy individual, who is dedicated to developing clean, well-designed, well-documented, reusable, testable code, then we should talk.
What you’ll be doing!
- Designing and building middle-tier components and services to support business user stories
- Refactoring existing application code to improve design clarity and reduce maintenance costs
- Pairing, collaborating, and otherwise improving the development process
- Writing lots of unit tests
- 3-5+ years of experience with Java
- Experience with Spring
- TDD expertise - a strong background in unit testing is a must for this position
- Mocking expertise - is a must for this position
- OO Design and design patterns; must be able to solve problems in a simple, neat and organized way
- Agile; Must have practical experience with unit testing and Continuous Integration ( Docker, etc.)
- Strong knowledge of SQL (writing and optimizing queries, stored procs)
- Experience with SOA and web services (REST).
- Experience with AWS
- Experience with Docker
- Bachelor degree in Computer Science or a related field is strongly preferred
This is a full time role with a client based in Austin, TX. Candidates must be authorized to work in the United States on a full-time basis for any employer. Principals only. Recruiters, please do not contact this job poster.