IT Network Security Systems Engineer
New Iron is helping hire a IT Network Security Engineer in North Austin.
The ideal candidate will have extensive experience in network and security hardware such as firewalls.
You will be responsible for installing, configuring, troubleshooting and maintaining network and security hardware.
You will be joining the operations team that is handling thousands of virtual devices across the globe!
Job Functions, may include:
- Advocate for customer infrastructure needs
- Network efficiency optimization such as upgrades, performance tuning and network audit
- Best practices for improving operational processes
- Integration of Network solutions
- Advise network infrastructure and operation solutions to meet customer needs
- Interact with internal and external clients to ensure the solutions within customer site and datacenter
- 3-5 years of experience supporting enterprise or customer facing systems in a DoD environment.
- Expertise in Next Generation Firewalls with Cisco, ASA, Cisco Fire Power, IDS/IPS
- Expertise with network devices with in AP, L2/L3 switches, router
- Strong network engineering background in TCP/IP MPLS WAN environment
- Strong understanding of Cisco iOS, firewalls and Nexus NX-OS
- Strong understanding of Cisco IP technologies such as QoS, ACLs, Multicast, Security,etc.
- Routing and Network migration technologies with IPV6/IPV4
- Security tools and techniques such as IDP/IPS, SIEM, SSO, and SSL
Nice to have:
- Cisco CCNP or similar Cisco Professional Certification
- Enterprise monitoring tools such as SNMP, WMI, etc.
This is a full time, direct hire role based in Austin,TX. U.S. citizens/Green card ONLY due to government or federal requirement. Principals only. Recruiters, do not contact this job poster.