Senior PHP Engineer/ Architect
Do you love writing well crafted, unit tested PHP?
Are you an expert at middle-tier development with PHP?
We have a great full-time opportunity for a dedicated, team-focused Senior PHP Engineer who cares about writing clean and well-designed code.
This is an opportunity to work on a great team, at a great start-up that had fantastic traction on its vision to change medical education.
Join an Agile team that's practicing Continuous Integration, with a delivery infrastructure to ship features one-by-one to production. Come work with other senior software craftspeople in a fun and close-knit environment, delivering great software!
What you’ll be doing!
- Designing and building web application components and services to support business user stories
- Refactoring existing application code to improve design clarity and reduce maintenance costs
- Learning, pairing, collaborating, and otherwise improving the development process
- Writing lots of unit tests
- PHP (Experience with Laravel is a strong plus)
- Strong background in unit testing
- OO Design and design patterns; must be able to solve problems in a simple, neat and organized way
- Agile; Must have practical experience with unit testing and Continuous Integration
- AWS experience
This is a full time, direct hire role based in Austin,TX. Unable to transfer or sponsorship visa. Principals only. Recruiters, do not contact this job poster.