Agile Engineering Manager
New Iron is helping recruit for Engineering Manager to join a rapidly growing startup in North Austin,TX.
The ideal candidate is:
- A technical leader with the ability to break down problems.
- Someone who owns the direction and coordination of engineering projects and teams to enhance the growth of the organization.
- An engaged and aware servant leader who finds meaning and purpose in helping teams
- Responsible for the quality and outcomes of their team’s work.
Candidates with superior technical skills and an appreciation for the complex nature of the industry will be prioritized.
You will join a small team of ambitious and tight-knit developers that have a fantastic traction on its vision to change medical education!
This is an opportunity to have a significant impact.
Join an Agile team that's practicing Continuous Integration, with a delivery infrastructure to ship features one-by-one to production. Come work with a team of senior software craftspeople in a fun and close-knit environment, delivering great software!
- Hiring, talent retention and performance management
- Research and improve product efficiencies from the engineering perspective
- Execute strategies for completing projects deadlines
- Assist with internal and external communication, improving transparency, and propagating information
- Ensuring alignment and excellent communication between stakeholders and other functional leaders.
- Collaborate with engineering leadership to create, propose and manage engineering budgets
- Ensure clarity in expectations and improve the developer experience by providing ample training and growth opportunities
- Reducing friction and optimizing process and communication within and across multiple engineering teams
- Inspire, lead, and develop teams of software engineers who are building innovative solutions
- Provide direction and ultimate decision on staffing decisions such as team rosters according to the needs of the business
- 5+ years as a technical manager
- A track record of technical leadership
- Excellent interpersonal skills, ability to work with diverse personality types
- Ability to understand technical issues and prioritize multiple tasks
- Thorough understanding of Agile software development methodology, values, and best practices
- Ability to work in a fast environment making decisions at timely manner
- A Bachelor’s/Master’s degree in CS, MIS, or a related discipline, or equivalent work experience and technical training
- Background in management
- Experience with hiring processes such as screening, interviewing etc.
Candidates must be authorized to work in the United States on a full-time basis for any employer. Principals only. Recruiters, please do not contact this job poster.