Applied AI Scientist / Engineer
New Iron is leading the search on an Applied AI Scientist in Boston,MA.
You will join a tight-knit team to enhance the productivity and quality for world-class industrial processes.
*** This is an exciting opportunity for a strong polymath developer with broad and comprehensive skills to explore the application of AI ideas and techniques to modern manufacturing. ***
The ideal candidate is a polymath developer who loves exploring new ideas in code, and has the skills to quickly develop proof-of-concepts using machine learning and AI techniques.
This is not a productization job, but an exploration of what’s possible. We have oodles of real world data - but this is not a data cleansing or data structuring position.
Priority will be given to candidates who are excited about applying AI to vast data sets of differing types, to deliver real-world manufacturing solutions.
If you have a passion for data and machine learning, we’d love to help you find your next career move.
- Advanced machine learning algorithm development
- Harden statistical models based on physical and operational insights/constraints
- Algorithm prototyping, validation and implementation
- Evaluate algorithm performance, and help transition algorithms into existing products
- Report on research results to sponsors and wider community via briefings, conferences and peer-reviewed publications
- Data analysis, data pre-processing, and feature engineering
- 3-5 years of expereince in ML / AI Development or related experience
- Strong background in applied statistics and linear algebra, applied optimization
- Demonstrated scientific modeling and data analysis skills
- Proficiency with statistical computer languages such as Python and/or MatLab
- Expertise with one or more deep learning frameworks such as Tensorflow, Keras, Torch/PytTorch, Chainer
- Proficiency with SQL, Graph stores, or NoSQL stores
- Master of Science Degree is strongly preferred, but not required (Mathematics, Chemical Engineering, or Computer Science)
This is a full time direct-role based in Boston,MA. US. Principals only. Recruiters, do not contact this job poster.