Cloud Data Architect - AWS
New Iron is leading the search for a Cloud Architect with the vision and skills to lead the construction and delivery of a next generation AWS based data architecture.
This is a contract-to-hire position for a private customer based in Albany, NY.
The ideal candidate will be able to align all stakeholders around a future vision for leveraging the cloud to provide data solutions at scale.
Priority will be given to candidates who have the breadth of technical work experience and end-to-end systems understanding that provides them a unique ability to instill trust as well as facilitate communication and alignment, both within the team and with stakeholders.
If you have architectural vision for large scale data architecture in the cloud, and the skills to make the vision a reality we’d love to speak to you!
Job Functions include:
- Grokking the current data landscape
- Designing the target architecture / solutions to maximize AWS Cloud platform and Analytics Services
- Mentoring junior team members
- Data lake design and implementation to facilitate advanced analytics
- Data extraction, Ingestion, processing / curation and loading
- Set standards for cloud data architecture security / compliance
- Ensure applications meet data security standards
- Participation in vendor selection
- Large scale data warehousing and database migration in the cloud
- AWS Analytics service offerings, e.g., DMS, Storage Gateway, S3, Amazon Kinesis, AWS Glue, Athena, Amazon EMR, RDS and Snowflake / Redshift
- Designing and implementing Big Data and BI Data Warehousing solutions
- Experience supporting a diverse ecosystem of analytic applications
- AWS experience using IAM, EMR
- Hands on experience writing, monitoring, and optimize solutions for Spark Jobs
- Experience migrating solutions to the cloud ( high volume data from on premise )
- Strong understanding with large scale data and analytics
- Multiple years of hands-on software development
- Strong relationship building, technical collaboration and communication skills
- Proven success working in a highly matrix environment.
- Excellent analytical and decision-making abilities.
- Strong leadership and excellent verbal and written communications skills, with the ability to develop and sell ideas.
- Technical individual able to understand complex application data flows and be the bridge between technical and business app requirements
Nice to have:
- Master Degree in CS, Data Science, Applied Mathematics, or related field
- AWS Solution Architecture certification
- Semiconductor and/or large scale manufacturing background
- ITIL skills
This is a contract-to-hire role based in Malta, NY. Candidates must be authorized to work in the United States on a full-time basis for any employer. Principals only. Recruiters, please do not contact this job poster.