Java Developer - Remote Contract (TDD)
New Iron has a great opportunity for a Java Developer who develops, deploys and delivers cutting edge applications at scale.
This is a remote contract position through the end of 2020.
Candidates for this position must have demonstrable expertise with:
- Test Driven Development using JUnit
- At least one mock object framework
- Object oriented design skills
- Design patterns
The team you’d be joining is dedicated to develop clean, well-designed, well-documented, reusable, testable code!
This is an awesome opportunity for a highly collaborative engineer, with a strong sense of self-direction, the ability to execute independently, and a keen mind for breaking down problems to have a significant impact on a rapidly growing product organization.
If you enjoy financial software in a fast-paced, collaborative, and creative environment, we should talk!
Job Functions, may include:
- Designing and building middle-tier components and services to support business user stories
- Refactoring existing application code to improve design clarity and reduce maintenance costs
- Pairing, collaborating, and otherwise improving the development process
- Writing lots of unit tests
- 3-5+ years of experience with Java
- Experience with Spring
- TDD expertise - a strong background in unit testing is a must for this position
- Mocking expertise - is a must for this position
- OO Design and design patterns; must be able to solve problems in a simple, neat and organized way
- Agile; Must have practical experience with unit testing and Continuous Integration ( Docker, etc.)
- Strong knowledge of SQL (writing and optimizing queries, stored procs)
- Experience with SOA and web services (REST).
- Experience with AWS
- Experience with Docker
- Bachelor degree in Computer Science or a related field is strongly preferred
This is a contract role with a client based in Austin, TX. Candidates must be authorized to work in the United States on a full-time basis for any employer. Principals only. Recruiters, please do not contact this job poster.