Sr. .Net Engineer (Algorithms and Performance)
New Iron is leading the search for a Sr. Net Engineer to develop and ensure high quality performant code for a customer in Austin,TX.
Priority will be given to candidates who have a strong grasp of Computer Science fundamentals, and a demonstrated ability to write complex, yet performant algorithms.
A background in manufacturing or complex scheduling is also a strong plus.
Responsibilities may include:
- Helping debug, or prove the correctness of complex algorithms
- Helping the team improve the performance of existing code
- Reifying new algorithms into shippable product
- Participation in code reviews to identify bad code practices
- Mentoring more junior team members to improve their code
If you are a team player with a focus on developing quality, performant software we should talk!
- 5+ years of development experience in .Net / C#
- Strong foundation / expertise in Computer Science fundamentals such as algorithms, complexity analysis, and data structures
- Expertise writing performant .NET / C# software
- Expertise refactoring to create performant code
- Expertise in one or more .NET profilers
- Strong understanding of algorithms that make use of recursion
- Demonstrated ability to correctly classify and improve the Order of Complexity (Big O) of various software algorithms
- Strong problem solving skills
- Ability to debug complex algorithms
- Experience in an Agile Development environment
- Knowledge of optimization theory and tools
- Strong understanding of algorithm design and improvement
- Ability to improve performance and accuracy of code
- Bachelor’s of Science Degree (Computer Science or Mathematics)
Nice to have:
- Background in Semiconductor
- Background in manufacturing and/or scheduling
- Knowledge in Data Analysis
- Experience in Python
- Experience with Oracle PL/SQL
This is a full-time, direct-hire role based in Austin, TX. We are unable to sponsor or transfer visas at this time. Principals only. Recruiters, do not contact this job poster.