Sr. DevOps Engineer
New Iron is seeking an experienced hands-on engineer to help create and maintain the ecosystem that powers our client’s applications.
This position is a direct hire position starting remote until is safe to go back to the office. Priority will be given to candidates located at Las Vegas, NV or Austin TX.
The ideal candidate will have experience in designing, automating, and operating secure and scalable Azure infrastructure to ensure overall performance of our application ecosystem.
You would join a team responsible for the deployability applications into Azure used by millions of unique users daily. Our applications have a large transaction volume, and strict response requirements.
If you are a highly collaborative engineer, with a strong sense of self direction, the ability to execute independently, and a keen mind for breaking down problems, we should talk!
- Architect and maintain the build cluster to facilitate deployment and testing of applications and tools
- Ensure the availability, performance, security, and scalability of production systems
- Collaborate with other engineers on the team
- Promote solid engineering principles
- Support cadence of updates and hotfixes for services across multiple platforms
- Triage and troubleshoot issues to resolution with attention to detail and optimization
- 5+ years DevOps related experience
- Expertise with Azure infrastructure using Application Gateway and Firewall such as NSG, WAF, App Insights, App Services, etc.
- Expertise with containers and container management (Docker, Kubernetes, Jenkins, Git)
- Experience delivering microservice solutions with Docker, ECS/Kubernetes
- Deep understanding of version control using Git, Perforce, Subversion, etc.
- Ability to build a highly available automated build on demand infrastructure for large development and test
- Scripting skills such as Bash, Python, Powershell, etc.
- Experience debugging and profiling in distributed system
- Experience with log aggregators such as Splunk or Logstash.
- Agile; practical experience with CI/CD environments
- BS or MS in Computer Science, Information Science, IT or equivalent.
Nice to have:
- Experience in build service level monitoring and alert tools (resolve issues for the infrastructure, platform services, and applications)
- Build pipelines of Android, XCode, Unity3d, etc.
- Experience with infrastructure and APM monitoring systems
Candidates must be authorized to work in the United States on a full-time basis for any employer. Principals only. Recruiters, please do not contact this job poster.