Sr Backend Engineer - Node.js Microservices
New Iron is leading the search for a Sr Backend Engineer to join a dynamic rapidly growing software company.
This is a challenging direct-hire role to build and ensure server-side performance of online large-scale applications used by hundreds of thousands of simultaneous users.
Our client’s product has millions of unique users daily, a large transaction volume, and strict response requirements.
If you are a highly collaborative engineer, with a strong sense of self direction, the ability to execute independently, and a keen mind for breaking down problems, we should talk!
Responsibilities, may include:
- Design, document and deliver high quality products as part of our microservice architecture in partnership with the Product Team.
- Work closely with cross-functional project teams to develop new or additional functionality. Maintain velocity while minimizing defects.
- Foster a test-driven culture by reviewing code with peers and share best practices
- Focus on the backend technologies in Data management, APIs and microservices
- 5+ years in software development
- Experience in microservice development using Node.js/Express.js
- Experience with MongoDB or other NoSQL databases
- Expert in microservices architectural patterns and design, cloud orchestration and DDD
- Strong understanding of SOA architectures (E.g JEE, Web Services, REST/GraphQL)
- Experience practicing Agile development (E.g.,Scrum/Kanban, CI/CD)
- Excellent debugging, profiling, communication and analysis skills
Nice to have:
- Experience ASP.NET development ( MVC and Web APIs)
- Experience developing highly scalable backend systems
- Experience writing and maintaining automation unit tests
- Experience with game engine especially plugin development ( E.g Unity)
- Development of REST APIs and services
- Experience with web frameworks such as React or similar
- BS or MS in CS, Data Science or related field
This is a full-time position located in Austin,TX. Principals only. Recruiters please do not contact this job poster.