DevOps Engineer - Agile Build CI/CD Pipeline
New Iron is leading the search for DevOps Engineer to construct and maintain the CI/CD build pipeline for a set of Agile teams.
This is a challenging direct-hire remote role for a customer based in Charlotte, NC. Remote candidates are strongly encouraged to apply.
You will be responsible for the CI/CD build pipeline that ensuring projects can be built, tested and deployed with minimal to no disruption to production.
The ideal candidate has deep expertise with DevOps and SRE best practices including toolchains, automated build tools, has supported Agile application development teams, and led the construction of build pipelines to achieve Continuous Integration and Continuous Delivery.
Priority will be given to candidates with development skills.
If you are a creative, self directed individual, who is obsessed with the development process and the tooling around it, and you are a great team player open to new challenges providing innovative solutions to support development teams, we'd love to speak with you!
Responsibilities may include:
- Own, operate and improve toolchain infrastructure using Terraform, Kubernetes and Ansible to ensure a reliable end user service experience
- Develop workflow integrations and automation components using multiple software tools to eliminate repetitive tasks and improve system resiliency
- Develop and maintain cloud platform environments and tools to support Agile and DevOps best practices
- Develop infrastructure requirement plans and execution plans
- Continuously optimize software deployments for stability and cost
- Automate deployments from source through to dev, stage, and production
- Tune automation to overcome systems performance and stability issues
- Perform testing around the infrastructure suite to improve reliability and performance
- Deliver improvements to automated infrastructure components within an Agile methodology
- Debug production issues across services
- Provide direct support for availability incidents and other urgent development/ operational needs
- Recommend and implement alternative tools and new technologies that could better solve challenges
- Assist team members to tackle complex infrastructure, security and development problems
- 3+ years of hands on production DevOps with Agile software development
- In-depth experience deploying and supporting scalable and high availability infrastructure utilizing CI/CD tools
- Hands on experience in administering and deploying development CI/CD tools, such as TeamCity, Jenkins, Git, etc.
- Hands on experience in scripting languages such as Python, Bash, PowerShell, and Batch
- Hands on experience in Container Orchestration experience using tools like Kubernetes, Docker Swarm, Amazon ECS
- Hands on experience with Infrastructure and configuration management solutions such as Terraform, CloudFormation, Ansible, SaltStack
- Experience with AWS, GCP, or Azure production high-traffic environments
- Hands on experience supporting Windows and Linux environments
- Excellent verbal and written skills
- Experience with automated testing tool integration
- Experience with event monitoring and alerting tools such as Datadog, Stackdriver, Nagios, Grafana, Kabana, and Splunk
Nice to have:
- Bachelor degree in CS, IT or related field
- Certification in cloud infrastructure or related technologies
Candidates must be authorized to work in the United States on a full-time basis for any employer. Principals only.Recruiters, please do not contact this job poster.