Sr Backend Engineer - Java, Ruby, Python, GoLang
New Iron is leading the search for a Sr Backend Engineer to join a dynamic rapidly growing startup in Austin,TX.
This is a challenging direct-hire role to build and ensure server-side performance of large-scale applications.
You will join a team focused on backend platform development. Though not required, priority will be given to candidates with experience in GoLang, and candidates with a strong desire to learn GoLang.
We are looking for engineers who are excited about backend features, ownership of the design and implementation of core services, and learning tools needed for how it runs and scales in production.
If you are focused on the craftsmanship, continuous improvement, and team success, we'd love to speak with you!
- Design, implement, test and deploy software services
- Raise the bar on code quality, reusability and maintainability
- Ensure responsiveness, scalability and maintainability of platform
- Leverage the latest in container based software distribution, microservices
- Deliver highly scalable and performant data pipelines
- Leverage serverless and containerized compute to balance cost, latency, and duration
- Build and extend CI/CD pipelines for automated testing and continuous production releases
- Find and solve response time and throughput performance issues
- Refactor for optimal performance and scalability
- Foster a test-driven culture and share best practices
- Work closely with team members and stakeholders
- 3+ years of experience in software development
- Experience with server side programming languages such as Java, Ruby, Python, etc.
- Experience with server side MVC frameworks such as Spring, Rails, .NET etc.
- Experience with database languages esp. SQL
- Strong understanding of OOP and design & architectural patterns
- Excellent communication, collaboration, and time-management skills
The following is a strong plus:
- GoLang programming language
- Experience building scalable microservices or serverless APIs
- Experience performance tuning microservices and/or data pipelines
- Cloud base security experience
- Experience with open source web frameworks esp. Django
- Experience in DevOps open source tools such as Docker, Terraform, etc.
- Experience with AWS cloud services
- Experience with Software services for Billing/Invoice
- BS degree in Computer Science or related
This is a direct-hire role for a client based in Austin, TX. Principals only. Recruiters please do not contact this job poster.