Full Stack Engineer
New Iron is leading the search for a Full Stack Engineer to join a dynamic rapidly growing startup in Austin,TX.
The ideal candidate
- Expert level skills developing interactive web applications using React
- Experience helping a middle tier team specify a microservices API
- Values and prioritized well designed, testable, extensible and maintainable code
This is an opportunity to work at an amazing company to consume backend services and expose them to a modern React front-end as microservices.
If you are focused on the craftsmanship, continuous improvement, and team success, we'd love to speak with you!
- Design, implement, test and deploy software services
- Raise the bar on code quality, reusability and maintainability
- Ensure responsiveness, scalability and maintainability of platform
- Leverage the latest in container based software distribution and microservices
- Deliver highly scalable and performant data pipelines
- Refactor for optimal performance and scalability
- Foster a test-driven culture and share best practices
- Communicate effectively with stakeholders across all levels of the business
- Drive adoption of new tools and identify new opportunities for products.
- 5+ years of experience in software development
- At least 2+ years of experience with server side programming languages (Java, Ruby, Python, GoLang, etc.)
- Experience with server side MVC frameworks (Spring, Rails, .NET etc.)
- Demonstrable skill with OOA&D and design & architectural patterns
- Understanding of ReST and API Design principles
- Experience building scalable microservices or serverless APIs
- Experience with AWS cloud services
- Database experience (e.g., SQL)
- Excellent communication, collaboration, and time-management skills
- Ability to identify and empathize with customer needs
- Ability to clearly communicate expectations and build consensus with stakeholders outside of the Engineering organization
The following is a strong plus:
- Experience performance tuning microservices and/or data pipelines
- Experience in DevOps open source tools such as Docker, Terraform, etc.
- BS degree in Computer Science or related
This is a direct-hire role for a client based in Austin, TX. Principals only. Recruiters please do not contact this job poster.