New Iron is leading the search for an AWS Cloud Architect for a dynamic e-commerce start-up company in Austin,TX.
We are looking for someone with the vision skills to lead the construction and delivery of a PaaS API product to B2B customers.
Priority will be given to candidates with extensive experience with AWS Cloud, Infrastructure as Code, and PaaS for B2B customers.
If you are a well-rounded, team-focused Architect, to join an Agile team with a great culture delivering a PaaS, we'd love to talk to you!
- Hands on architecture in AWS to deliver IaaS and PaaS Solutions to customers
- Champion best practices for AWS (deployment, networks, security, etc.)
- Establish governance between individual services
- Work across all development teams to standardize individual services, consistent deployment and architecture as infrastructure
- Coordinate best practices across teams
- Codify and document existing and future architectures
- Produce conceptual, solution, and component-level architectures and associated artifacts
- Identify and evaluate new technologies, practices, patterns that will benefit the organization
- Be a senior technical resource and guidance to our agile development teams
- Mentor junior team members
- Assist cross functional teams generating new designs, patterns, architectures and solutions to resolve problems
- Advocate for TDD and automated testing practices
- Participate in code reviews to identify bad code practices
Required Skills or Experience:
- 5+ years of hands on design and build a variety of architectures
- Experience architecting AWS Cloud Infrastructure
- Experience with Kubernetes
- Experience delivering scalable architectures with Rabbit MQ or EventBridge
- Experience with Infrastructure as a Code - Terraform or Cloud Formation
- Strong technical background that includes Integration, APIs / Microservices, Cloud Native Engineering and Distributed Engineering
- Experience with best practices and common problem pattern in Node.js and Python
- Keen attention to detail and a solution-driven, customer-obsessed personality
- Systematic problem-solving approach, coupled with strong communication skills and a sense of ownership and drive.
- Ability to communicate both business and technology concepts effectively across all organization levels
- Experience in Agile Environment
Nice to have:
- BS Degree in CS, Applied Mathematics, or related field
- AWS Solution Architecture certification
- Devops Engineer Certified
Candidates must be authorized to work in the United States on a full-time basis for any employer. Principals only. Recruiters, please do not contact this job poster.