New Iron is leading the search for an IT Admin to join a dynamic rapidly growing software company.
This is a direct hire support role for a client in Las Vegas. Priority will be given to candidates who may one day be interested in transitioning into more of a DevOps role.
Our partner is focused on redesigning their security including office-to-cloud network, end-point security and automated end-point provisioning software.
The ideal candidate has worked with multiple infrastructures and operating systems such as Azure, VMware, NOC systems.
If you are tech-savvy who is self-motivated to provide customer support will thrive in this role!
- Operate and administer hybrid client network support for operational and product development teams.
- Perform system administration duties, e.g. managing client credentials, backing up systems, upgrading software, scan for viruses and spyware on client networks
- Perform troubleshooting for network equipment connectivity issues
- Manage all network switches, routers and wireless APs
- Organize and update hardware and software systems including assets, policies, procedures, and solutions documentation
- Ensure clients, client networks, and cloud solutions are following security and compliance standards
- Some deskside support may be required from time to time.
- Assume after hours call back duties as assigned
- 3+ years of system administration or related work experience
- Understanding of NOC equipment
- Experience supporting multiple operating systems and platforms such as Windows, MacOS, etc.
- Experience with major cloud providers such as Azure, AWS, VMware, or GCP
- Customer focused; Verify clients, client networks, and cloud solutions are following security and compliance standards
- Effective written and oral communication skills
- Willingness to work desk side support
- Ability to work after hours if needed for upgrading
Nice to have:
- Experience with ITIL and/or ITSM
- Experience with software development
- Experience with HP networking gear and Palo Alto security solutions
- Basic understanding of languages ( Java, Python, etc.)
- Understanding of Cloud security and networking systems
This is a full-time position located in Las Vegas, NV. Principals only. Recruiters please do not contact this job poster.