UI Developer - React.js
New Iron is helping lead the effort to recruit for a UI Developer - React.js to join a dynamic, Austin start-up building a platform to automate the movement of customer cargo.
The ideal candidate for this position should have:
- Demonstrable expertise with React.js
- A strong sense of product ownership
- A passion for well designed and maintainable code
- Thrive in a fast paced iterative environment
- An appreciation for the tension between shipping quickly and software craftsmanship
- A desire to mentor junior developers
This is a great opportunity to help build out a next generation logistics suite!
Job Functions, may include:
- Participate in code reviews
- Improve UI to improve the user experience
- Application development from conception to support and maintenance
- Advocate design and development process
- Writing lots of tests.
- Expertise with React
- Experience consuming RESTful web services
- Experience with JS libraries/frameworks
- Experience with deployments using Docker
- Ability to use and extend Bootstrap
- Practical knowledge of web page optimization for fast page load times
- You write tests for your code
Nice to have:
- Experience with React Native
- Experience with multiple programming languages
This is a full-time, direct-hire role based in Austin, TX. Unable to do sponsorship or transfer visas at this time. Principals only. Recruiters please do not contact this job poster.