New Iron is leading the search for a UI/UX Designer to join a dynamic, Austin start-up building a platform to automate the movement of customer cargo.
You will join a small team working to enhance the logistics suite application to make it more efficient and ergonomic. The application is operational, but with tons of data entry, visualization and interactions.
The ideal candidate is someone who is great with ergonomic design for end users. A primary task is building forms that end users can populate efficiently.
If you are a self-driven and well rounded UX design professional with a keen understanding of how to work as part of a high velocity team, we'd love to speak with you!
- Understand and appreciate users operational challenges
- Advocate for streamlined functionality and reduced effort
- Clearly articulating concepts, design decisions and prototypes
- Promoting design and usability best practices
- Plan and conduct research as needed with stakeholders
- Lead design meetings and participate in team ceremonies
- Collaborate with Product Manager, customer advocates and developers
- Participate in design pattern libraries and style guides
- Solve all sorts of design challenges with creativity, efficiency and precision
- Ability to handle multiple projects/tasks simultaneously
- 4+ years of experience as UI/UX Designer
- A portfolio that demonstrates experience designing usable interfaces, interaction design, visual design, etc.
- Experience in human interface design / user centered design
- Experience is focused on information flows and user interactions
- Ability to create designs and prototypes using Sketch
- Applied Knowledge of user-centred design principles, UX Design best practices, trends and new technologies
- Ability to communicate both business and technology concepts effectively across all organization levels
- Must have strong initiative and critical thinking skills
Nice to have:
- Experience working in startup
- Experience with HTML/CSS/JS
**When applying please include a link to your portfolio. Applications without portfolios will not be moved forward.**
Candidates must be authorized to work in the United States on a full-time basis for any employer. Unable to do sponsorship or transfer visas at this time. Principals only. Recruiters, please do not contact this job poster.