New Iron is leading the search for an Sr Software Engineer for a dynamic e-commerce start-up in Austin,TX.
This is a challenging direct hire role fully remote with travel once a quarter to Austin, TX.
The ideal candidate will have previous experience in .NET environment with strong C# skills as occasional work on legacy applications may be required.
What’s most important are strong engineers, who are hands-on and capable of designing and developing complex web applications.
If you are focused on the craftsmanship and ownership of your work from initial development through release, we'd love to speak with you!
What we need you to do:
- Work in a small, agile team to design, build, deploy and run high-quality software products
- Push to production multiple times a day for various different microservices
- Participate in design and development of secure, scalable, failure-resistant systems
- Help our team improve build and deployment processes through automation
- DDD approach to break down problems based on business needs
- Advocate for TDD and automated testing practices
- Autonomy to build the right solution the right way
- Participate in code reviews to identify bad code practices
- 5+ years hands on OOO development
- Experience with JS development
- At least 2 years of experience in the following aspects of AWS: Lambda, EKS, ECS, EC2, DynamoDb, AuroraDb, Kinesis, SNS, SQS, Redshift, API Gateway, Cloudformation, Cloudfront, S3, IAM
- Experience building REST APIs
- Experience consuming, and helping design microservices (Node.js/ C#)
- Experience with modern web development principles such as HTML, accessibility, SEO techniques, server side rendering
- Experience with high availability and performant services
- Ability to communicate both business and technology concepts effectively across all organization levels
- Desire to work in a collaborative environment with a tight knit team of passionate engineers
- Experience working in a fast-paced environment; continuous deployment, test-driven development, agile methodologies
Nice to have:
- Experience with modern JS ES6 frameworks such as React, Vue, Angular, etc.
- Experience with CI build system tools such as NPM, Webpack, Jenkins, etc.
- Experience with programming languages and OOP principles in C#, Java
- Experience with mobile development such as using React Native
- Experience with managing state tools in significant JS applications
This is a full time remote position for a customer based in Austin, Texas. Candidates must be authorized to work in the United States on a full-time basis for any employer. Principals only. Recruiters, please do not contact this job posted.