Sr Linux Administrator
New Iron is leading the search for a Linux Administrator to join a dynamic electronics manufacturing company based in Austin, TX.
This is a great full-time opportunity for a well-rounded, team-focused Linux Admin who cares about helping everyone be successful.
You'll monitor the system to identify and address both system- and account-level issues, deploy updates and patches, troubleshoot, and administer the platform.
The ideal candidate has extensive experience with multiple operating systems. Priority will be given to candidates with experience in Linux environments.
If you are a highly motivated individual to help move the organization forward by utilizing technology efficiently and effectively, we'd love to speak with you!
Job duties will include:
- Analysis, maintenance, installation, configuration, and reliable operation of computer systems
- Administer network, server and application systems
- Installs and upgrades computer components and software
- Performs custom automation backup operations and implements appropriate processes for data protection, disaster recovery, and failover procedures.
- Propose and implement system enhancements to improve reliability and performance of the system ( e.g security integrity controls)
- Provides technical direction and consultation to users.
- Provide 24x7 support for critical infrastructure systems
- Reviews user requests and requirements; organizes and analyzes data for efficient reporting and retrieval.
- Research technical issues
- Support storage systems, databases, virtualization and HPC
- Troubleshoots hardware and software errors by running diagnostics, documenting problems and resolutions, prioritizing problems, and assessing impact of issues.
- 4+ years of experience working with multiple operating systems
- Expertise in Unix/Linux environments
- Experience with system security and account management
- Experience with client servers, system installation, and maintenance upgrades
- Experience with software programming for system automation tasks
- Strong understanding of systems, I/O, and networks as it relates to operating systems.
- Strong scripting abilities in Perl, Shell, Bash, Korn, Python etc
- Strong customer service approach when working with business and technical partners.
- Strong troubleshooting and problem-solving skills
- Proficient networking skills such as routers, firewalls, switches, etc.
- Research and resolve inquiries
- Required off-hour support in rotation with other team members
- Effective written and oral communication skills
- Demonstrate initiative and work independently with a minimum of supervision
Nice to Have:
- Bachelor degree in Engineering, Computer Science, or a related field
This is a full-time position. This role is open in Austin, TX. Principals only. Recruiters please do not contact this job poster