Sr Embedded Engineer
New Iron is leading the search for a Sr Embedded Engineer to join a world-class industrial company.
This is a direct-hire role based in Syracuse, NY.
Candidates will have the opportunity to:
- Create, integrate and deliver Linux applications that configure, access, and update firmware embedded in hardware modules across various products.
- Build software what presents sensor data end users.
- Develop firmware for highly advanced sensors using microcontrollers and FPGAs.
The ideal candidates possess strong C/ C++ programming and Linux Systems skills. Priority will be given to candidates willing to learn new technologies.
If you are a team player with a focus on developing quality, performant products we should talk!
- Develop and maintain embedded systems
- Run field tests to validate and troubleshoot software
- Build and test Linux software
- Stay current with industry trends and state of the art software technologies
- Participate in Agile development processes via code reviews, daily scrums, design planning, improve software engineering standards, and share knowledge with peers
- Mentor and train new team members by stimulating a positive cultural environment
Should Have Experience in one of more of the following:
- FPGA design / development experience
- Firmware development experience
- Microcontroller development experience
- Embedded Linux system experience
- Kernel development experience (e.g., trimming down a kernel)
- Ability to build custom device drivers
- Hard and/or soft real time systems experience
- 5+ years experience with C and C++ development
- Troubleshooting skills
- Bachelor’s of Science Degree (Computer Science, SW Engineering)
Nice to Have:
- Skills with CI, test automation and release management
- Experience with Python, Git, Bash, RESTful APIs
- Experience with real-time DSP firmware
- YOCTO Project experience
- Masters of Science Degree (Computer Science)
Candidates must be authorized to work in the United States on a full-time basis for any employer. Principals only. Recruiters please do not contact this job poster.