Software Engineering Manager
New Iron is leading the search for a Software Engineering Manager to join a rapidly growing customer engagement platform company.
This is a direct-hire role for a customer based in Austin,TX and/or Kansas City. Remote candidates are strongly encouraged to apply.
You will join a team building and maintaining multiple SaaS applications that create deep relationships and foster brand loyalty for some of the world's best known brands.
The ideal candidate will be able to listen to, respond and act on customer conversations, and thrive in an environment of small, cross-functional teams. You should love delivering value to customers through shipping code often.
The ideal candidate:
- A leader who is able to listen, collaborate, and build trust among team
- Engaged and aware servant leader who finds meaning and purpose in helping teams
- Responsible for the quality and outcomes of their team’s work
- Owns the direction and coordination of engineering projects and teams to enhance the growth of the organization
- Has multiple years of software development experience in their background, but made the shift to management
You should love technology and the shift to the cloud. And even as a manager, code reviews with a growing team should excite you.
You should require minimal direction, embrace the ambiguity of a start-up, and be willing to do what it takes to support your teams even if it’s outside of your job description: a flexible servant leader.
- Inspire, lead, and manage a team of software engineers
- Own planning, resourcing, support project execution and check overall project success
- Hiring, talent retention and performance management
- Contribute technical expertise to projects and code reviews to team members
- Work closely with cross functional teams to define requirements, guide product and architectural vision; support technical and design discussion to deliver high quality solutions
- Collaborate with engineering leaders to ensure alignment of team skill and provide direction on personnel allocation according to the needs of the business
- Drive focus on high quality innovation and foster an environment of Agile processes CI/CD to support teamwork, establish sense of urgency and expectations within teams
- 7+ years of experience in software development
- Highly technical and previous experience in team leadership role
- Experience building SaaS applications
- Experience with cloud technologies such as AWS, Azure or GCP
- Confidence, communication, flexibility, positivity, and the ability to be a team player
- Excellent communication, interpersonal, and collaboration skills
- Experience with Java development and technologies such as Spring, Scala, etc.
- Experience with real-time data processing such as Kafka, Spark, etc.
- Experience managing engineering teams
This is a full time role based in Austin, TX, Kansas City and Remote. Candidates must be authorized to work in the United States on a full-time basis for any employer. Principals only. Recruiters, please do not contact this job poster.