Sr Back End Engineer - Scala
New Iron is leading the search for a Sr Back End Engineer to join a rapidly growing customer engagement platform company.
This is a direct-hire role for a customer based in Austin,TX and/or Kansas City. Remote candidates are strongly encouraged to apply.
You will join a team building and maintaining multiple SaaS applications to create deep customer relationships that foster loyalty and advocacy for some of the world's best known brands.
The ideal candidate has a background in large-scale distributed systems in Java or Scala and has the flexibility to to work with new technologies.
This is an awesome opportunity for a highly collaborative and motivated engineer, with a strong sense of self-direction, the ability to execute independently, and a keen mind for breaking down problems to have a significant impact on a rapidly growing product organization.
What You'll Do:
- Be a senior technical resource for building cloud-based platform using skills in Scala, Kafka, Docker, Kubernetes, and AWS
- Mentor junior team members
- Identify, plan and deliver technical roadmap
- Foster an environment of Agile processes CI/CD to support teamwork and delivery
- Collaborate in architectural design discussions with cross functional teams
- Participate in code reviews to identify bad code practices
- Work and collaborate with a high performing team of product managers and designers
- Communication with clarity, transparency and candor with management and leadership
- 5+ years of experience building SaaS application software using open source server technologies such as Java, Scala
- Expertise with relational and non-relational databases such as MySQL, Postgres, NoSQL, Cassandra, etc.
- 2+ years of experience with event streaming and data processing skills such as Kafka, Spark, etc.
- Highly proficient leading collaboration through Git, pull request and architectural design discussions
- Demonstrated experience with engineering mentorship and software development practices
Nice to Have:
- Experience with building large scale of real-time streaming systems
- Expert with JVM languages such as Java, Scala, etc.
- Knowledge of social media domain and APIs
This is a direct-hire role for a client based in Austin, TX. Principals only. Recruiters please do not contact this job poster.