At New Iron, we're passionate about technology, and helping companies to find and qualify technical talent; we build teams that lead to success. We're growing, and are looking for someone savvy to help at the first phase of recruiting, in locating candidates.
Note: This job requires next to no phone time with candidates, but does require consistent, focused online searching and messaging with prospective job applicants. If you require verbal interpersonal interaction during the day, then this job is likely not for you.
If you’re a diligent, conscientious researcher who enjoys connecting the dots and making connections from your computer - then we’d like to talk with you.
To succeed you must:
- Search for and locate potential candidates online
- Be comfortable messaging people in a variety of online platforms and via email
- Make initial contact and give candidates their first impression of New Iron
- Be a quick learner with a demonstrated aptitude for learning new technologies and understanding how to utilize them
- Connect technical candidates with recruiters
- Operate online staffing and recruiting software
- Update tracking spreadsheets
- Edit job descriptions
- Participate in weekly meetings
- Schedule calls using online calendars
- Produce, review and report daily and monthly activities
- Experience researching online using a variety of tools
- Ability to work independently and in small teams
- Curiosity about technology
- Significant experience with Google Docs or Microsoft Word
- Significant experience with Google Sheets or Microsoft Excel
- Exceptional writing skills
- A coachable attitude always driven to learn
- Detail oriented, demonstrates thoroughness and strong ownership of work
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent experience
Great to have:
- Familiarity with the technical software engineering world
- Experience with technical sourcing or recruiting
- This is a full time position.
- This position may be in Austin, Texas or remote.